The saying goes:
Never work with animals or children.
But we’re convinced that the “or children” part of the quote was added in as an after-thought!
1) In Preston, Lancashire, a hungry snail munched through £78 worth of carpet in the home of a 73-year-old man.
2) In Bath, Somerset, a 71-year-old woman received a payout after a badger ate a hole in the wall of her shed to escape after being accidentally locked inside.
3) In Cornwall, a cow was found enjoying a dip in a swimming pool. The cost of having it “specially removed” was covered by the insurer.
4) In 2013, a pigeon fell down the chimney and, in a panic, caused more than £8000 in damages to the carpet, curtains, furniture and ornaments.
5) Twelve wild ponies in Dartmoor National Park caused £1,200 worth of damage by licking paint off of a car.
6) A dairy farmer in Devon lost his iPhone during the birth of a calf, whilst using it as a torch in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, it was unusable once it emerged several hours later…
7) In 2015, a herd of cows invaded a football pitch and a tennis court causing enormous damage to the areas.
8) A woman heard strange noises coming from the bonnet of her car when attempting to start it up. Upon opening up the bonnet, a cat escaped and ran away. But not before causing £4,000 worth of damage to the car.
9) In 2014, two magpies smashed through the glass window of a conservatory during an angry bird brawl, causing over £400 in damages.
10) A trapped squirrel in Exeter broke the garage window of an 86-year-old woman to escape.