Undeveloped Pasture Insurance

If you own a field that is suitable for the grazing of livestock then you will need undeveloped pasture insurance. Your field could be a mixture of grass, plants, bushes and herbage and has not be previously developed. You would think that not much could go wrong but any public accessing your land could find themselves being injured and seeking compensation from the land owner.
Undeveloped Pasture Insurance

Did you know that the word pasture comes from the latin word pastura which means “grazing”

Why do I need insurance for my field?

Undeveloped pasture can be a hazard for trips and falls. You could be especially at risk if there is a public right of access to your land. A member of the public in your pasture land could easily have an accident and ultimately look to you for financial compensation for any damage or injury they have sustained.

Do you allow animals on the land?

Cattle, sheep, goats and other livestock are allowed to graze on the land. You can even allow equine onto your pasture for feeding and also horse riding for pleasure purposes.

How much does it cost?

The price of an annual policy begins at just £145.00. This generally covers you for up to 50 acres of undeveloped pasture but bigger sizes are available.

So what do I do next?

To get an instant quote or to take out cover, simply click the “Get Quote” button or contact us for more information.

You can also visit the land insurance page to see what other types of land we can cover.