With major brands competing for customers and the explosion of online shopping, starting a successful small business is a challenge. Here are 8 reasons to use small businesses in 2020.
- SMALL BUSINESS IS GREAT FOR THE ECONOMY – For every £1 spent with a small business, between 50p – 70p circulates back into that local economy.
- SMALL BUSINESS IS BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT – Produce from a local farm has a much shorter distance to travel from the field to your plate than if you bought it at a supermarket.
- SMALL BUSINESSES CREATE LOCAL JOBS – Small businesses employ over 16 million people in the UK and are responsible for 60% of all private-sector employment.
- SMALL BUSINESSES ARE THE HEART OF THE COMMUNITY – Small businesses often host and support local causes and charities and the high street is almost always the heart of the community.
- SMALL BUSINESSES ARE OFTEN FAMILY BUSINESSES – 85% of all UK businesses are family-owned, while reports say that 57% of the UK’s independent small businesses are family-run.
- SMALL BUSINESSES ARE HAPPIER BUSINESSES – Half of those working at a small business said they were happy in their jobs. Small retailers also provide the highest job satisfaction.
- SMALL BUSINESSES VALUE CUSTOMER LOYALTY – Small businesses will always go above and beyond to build-up a loyal customer base. They typically know your name as well as what you’re having.
- SMALL BUSINESSES CREATE HEALTHY COMPETITION – Small businesses keep big brands on their toes. This type of healthy competition results in better services and savings for customers.
Save time finding the right insurance policy for your small business and compare business insurance quotes online from trusted UK insurers with Ashburnham Insurance.