What you need to know…
Holiday homes and Airbnb listings are one of the most transformative changes to the holiday booking industry that has seen its growth dramatically increase in size over the past decade, with consumers no longer being chained to the hotel industry. This offers consumers more variety into the kind of accommodation that we may choose to vacate ourselves to.
- 1 in 10 UK adults own a second home
- UK holiday rental market has 165,000 properties
- Generates over £2.1 billion a year in the UK
Letting out your holiday home to guests can be a precarious activity, as you have to place full faith in your guests that they’ll look after your home and vacate at the end of their stay with everything as it was prior. Things don’t always end up the way that you had hoped, though…
- Airbnb party riot: Home trashed after 18th birthday party ends in riot, involving at least 200 people
- £18,000 damage: Nightmare guest leaves a huge price to pay – and the company ignored her complaints
- New years party: South-east London flat completely trashed, with £12,000 in damage left behind
Airbnb & Holiday Home Insurance
If you commercially let your property to guests on a short-term basis, it’s important that you invest in a comprehensive holiday home insurance policy that will cover you from the risks involved from letting out a holiday home – standard home insurance isn’t something to be relied upon.
With Ashburnham Insurance, we can provide you with the level of cover you require simply through contacting us for a quote. Call us free on 0800 1696137
Explore our UK holiday home insurance.