Get a great deal on landlord insurance for professionals with Ashburnham

  • Quick and simple online policy form
  • Quotes compared from trusted UK insurers
  • Instant policy documents supplied
  • Accidental and malicious damage by tenant cover

Ashburnham provide landlord insurance for professional / working tenants. Flexible, comprehensive, and cheap landlord insurance can be hard to come by, but with Ashburnham you can choose the level of cover you require using our online policy form. Just make sure that under Occupancy Details, you select “Professional / Working”.

What does Landlord Insurance for Professional cover?

The most popular cover for landlords, irrespective of who you are letting to, is Landlords buildings insurance which protects your property – arguably your most valuable asset.

Buildings Insurance


Covers the financial cost of repairing a property’s structural damage. We cover both accidental and malicious damage as standard, in addition to environmental damage (e.g. flooding, storms, etc).

More about landlord buildings insurance

Contents Insurance


This cover will protect the landlord from the costs of repairing and replacing furnishing that have been stolen or accidentally damaged by professional working tenants.

More about landlord contents insurance

Malicious Damage by Tenants Cover

Malicious Damage by Tenants

Covers the cost of repairing any accidental or malicious damage caused by your professional tenants or their guests.

More about malicious damage by tenants cover

Loss of Rent Insurance

Rent Guarantee

Covers loss of rent by guaranteeing monthly rent payments for a maximum of 6 months, for example, in the event that a working tenant has lost their job and is in arrears whilst looking for new work.

More about loss of rent insurance

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability

Indemnifies the property owner against liability if a tenant, guest or member of the public is injured on the premises, including cover from the financial costs of any claims made due to negligence.

More about landlord public liability insurance

Legal Expenses Insurance

Legal Expenses

Indemnifies the expenses in pursuit or defense of any disputes connected to a landlord’s property that require legal protection.

More about legal expenses insurance

More than one property?

Head over to our Landlord Portfolio Insurance page.

About Landlord Insurance for Working Tenants

Any tenant who is in employment, earning a regular income, is considered to be a professional tenant (or a working tenant).

Working tenants are by far the most sought after by landlords looking to fill their buy-to-let property, as they are considered to be of the least risk when it comes to paying their rent in full and on time. This also means that landlords could enjoy a lower premium as a result of letting to professional tenants that insurers deem to be low-risk. The dream tenant for most landlords is probably one who earns a salary far higher than their rent amount, has no pets, respectable savings, is a friendly and upstanding citizen, and so on.

Despite professional tenants having a regular income, there is never any guarantee that unfortunate events and accidents won’t occur. Whether this means there is accidental damage to the property, or the tenant falls onto hard times financially in future, finding themselves in rent arrears. Not to mention all the other risks that are present regardless of tenant type, including fire and weather damage to the building.

Just because you have hard-working, responsible, professional tenants does not mean that you are immune from everything else that could go wrong, and a strong insurance policy can protect you financially should the unforeseeable happen.

Landlord insurance can help to give you peace of mind when letting to professional tenants.

Get A Quote