Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial Property Insurance is where you can insure a property that is used for anything other than residential uses. For example things such as greengrocers, chemists and restaurants still need to have the building insured and this is the type of insurance that you would need.

There are various types of commercial properties that you can insure and you can also insure properties that are part commercial and part residential under this policy (for example a shop with a flat above where the owner wants to insure both on the one policy). Mainly however this is for commercial places such as shops, surgeries and even more obscure things such as leisure halls or recording studios.

If you are looking to get a quote then if you know things such as the postcode and full address, the rebuild cost of the property, the commercial use of the property and the year of build and construction details then that should be enough to get a quotation for this. There are certain insurers however that are wary about certain trades especially if one of those involves cooking of any kind as they are obviously more high risk than others and some insurance companies will have to manually look at any proposal for this kind of building before giving a quotation on it.

We have numerous companies that we can now use to obtain an instant quotation for your commercial property needs and because of this we can now offer a faster and more customer friendly service without the long waiting around, although if there is something amiss about the insurance for example if it’s in a postcode that is synonymous with flooding or subsidence then it will still have to be referred to the insurance company.