Public liability insurance for Land

Liability Insurance for Land

In life there are always risks, being in the land industry you will know the risks which could arise at any time such as injury to the public or property damage. A public liability insurance policy can help you cover your liability to the public just in case the unexpected does occur. Public liability insurance for land can be obtained quite cheaply but it is not legally required. You should still consider a policy just to protect your own interests.

If you have employees then you must legally have an employers liability insurance policy in place at all times. This policy should protect you if your employee(s) hold you liable for any incidents which occur during the course of their work such as an injury which they consider was due to your negligence. You can gain an instant online quotation for cheap public and employers liability insurance by clicking on the get quote button.

7 Responses to Public liability insurance for Land
  1. Hi

    I have a 4 acre field that is securely fenced and I rent out for grazing of horses. There are 2 wooden stables on the field but I am only looking for public liability insurance for the field itself.



  2. Mrs K S Hunter
    March 23, 2014 at 8:39 pm

    I have 10 acres for which I would like public liability in case trespassers have an accident. The land is mainly daffodils/hay.

    Please would you kindly advise me with a quotation.

    Thank you.


    • 10 acres of land under the category of “undeveloped pasture” starts at just £143.10 for £1,000,000 public liability cover. I have sent you a quote to the email address provided. Obviously you will need to complete a full quotation to confirm the price so please visit our online quote system here or call us free on 0800 1696137.

  3. Hi I have 9 acres of woodland with a clearing, a drinking water tap, no ponds or other water features. I have public liability for woodland with trees, but I want to hire the space out for workshops, small weddings and retreats, also private groups. Would you be able to provide cover for this, protecting me against, loss, damage and accidents? Would I have to cancel my current PL before getting insured by yourselves? or would the insurance be an extension of my own? Also would it be yearly or per event?

    Thank you,

  4. thank you, actually I spoke briefly to someone from your team today, I’ll be back in touch to see what info you need and to get a quote.



Ask Us A Question

Copyright © 2014 Ashburnham Insurance Services Limited - Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority